Merge PDF naming with the page number

scodeller.m

Post by scodeller.m »

Hi all,

I need a flow that merge PDF files in one file, and set the file name with the pages number declared into the PDF itself.

p.e. I have 3 PDF in input (page_01,page_02,page_03),the output must be one PDF named page_01-03

Thank you.
bertvr.enfocus

Post by bertvr.enfocus »

scodeller.m wrote: Hi all,

I need a flow that merge PDF files in one file, and set the file name with the pages number declared into the PDF itself.

p.e. I have 3 PDF in input (page_01,page_02,page_03),the output must be one PDF named page_01-03

Thank you.

Hi,

You can work through different approaches:

- if you can make sure the input is page_01 of 03, page_02 of 03, etc. you can use the assemble job together with merge PDF pages and maybe rename job

- if you have a PowerSwitch you can create a script expression or Switch script that parses all incoming file names take first and last numbers and pushes that info out when assembling. If you need help with this, contact professionalservices@enfocus.com

Bert
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

If you need to use the page labels and not just a sequence number, I'd recommend Apago PDFspy to retrieve the page labels from the PDF and then a simple script to merge the pages in the correct order. Please contact if you need assistance.

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.