Routing jobs to mails without switch client

RytisT

Routing jobs to mails without switch client

Post by RytisT »

Hi. I'm in a bit of a pickle. I'm making a flow, which will not use switch client, here's how I want it to work.

Every job manager has his own folder, where he uploads a file, it gets checked/fixed through pitstop server, then goes back to another folder.

In a case where there is error, pitstop error-report would be sent to that particular manager that uploaded the file. (I know I could use pitstop server only for this, but I use few switch functions with this aswell.)

Problem is, since there's no switch client, I got no way to tell switch, which file, should be sent to which job manager's mail.

I do have a different folder for every manager, that's how I could separate it, but how do I tell switch that folder 1 = folder1@gmail.com ?

Hopefully this makes sense. Thanks!
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Routing jobs to mails without switch client

Post by jan_suhr »

For the input folders you can attach an email address, in your case the project manager that uploads files to that folder.

That info can then be used as a variable for routing the files.

You can also add variables to the job going in through that folder using the "Attach job state" or "Set job private data".

Good luck
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

jan_suhr wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:42 pm For the input folders you can attach an email address, in your case the project manager that uploads files to that folder.

That info can then be used as a variable for routing the files.

You can also add variables to the job going in through that folder using the "Attach job state" or "Set job private data".

Good luck
How did I miss that...

Thanks a lot!
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

jimmyjell wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:05 am Edit: removed spam post
Wrong thread mate.