Same job, multiple preflight reports through a mail

RytisT

Same job, multiple preflight reports through a mail

Post by RytisT »

Hello. I'm sending preflight reports through mail, as text (just XML metada from file, with all errors/fixes/warnings (something like this: http://prntscr.com/lckliv) but if I upload a job with lets say 5 PDF's in it, there will be 5 emails coming my way. Is there a way to either combine reports or to just make it so one "mail send" would take all the reports from one job, and send it as 5 different reports in one mail? Any ideas? Thanks.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Same job, multiple preflight reports through a mail

Post by Padawan »

If you assemble the reports together in one folder and send that to the Mail Send element, then the reports will be zipped together and sent using one single mail.

Alternatively, I think you assemble PDF reports together, then send them to the Merge PDF tool which will make one single PDF out of them and send this one thru.
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

Padawan wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:00 pm If you assemble the reports together in one folder and send that to the Mail Send element, then the reports will be zipped together and sent using one single mail.

Alternatively, I think you assemble PDF reports together, then send them to the Merge PDF tool which will make one single PDF out of them and send this one thru.
I'm only using messages from reports, not actual files as reports. See the screenshot.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Is it possible to store your reports under different dataset names? Then you can reach each dataset using different variables.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Since each file becomes a separate job you would probably be best of by running the files in a parallell line in the flow where you Merge them and make a report out of the merged file. that would be the simplest solution, then you just send that merged file to the trash.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

This all does seem a little too complicated for me, I'm not that smart unfortunately. So I'm thinking just of a simpler solution, if there's multiple reports to just send a mail that there is a error and that job manager should check out report file in some directory.

Problem with that, is let's say I upload a folder of 10 PDF's. 7 of them are bad, 3 of them are ok and move on to print files. Then 7 files are waiting by assemble job, not assembling because it's supposed to be 10 files. Is there any way to ignore the file limit and I don't know, tell to assemble by folder name it came from or something? Any ideas with that? Thanks.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

The solution here is similar to the other thread. If you use the custom scheme, then you can use the "After N minutes" setting. This will tell Switch to assemble the files together after N minutes. (N being the number you filled in in the property.