Checkpoint issues

dk_jad

Checkpoint issues

Post by dk_jad »

Hi,

I've recently implemented a preflight flow where designers upload via submit point, job is preflighted and in case of warning/failures it is sent to a checkpoint. However, i get a lot of reports of jobs appearing duplicated, ie user submits 4 files at once(there is an ungroup job step in the flow) and all 4 files appear twice in the same order, submit time is exactly the same down to the second. One set of files complete, another set of files remain as processing. I've seen the same issue with single-file submissions, so it's apparently not multi-file related.

Another thing, every now and then, preflight reports will also appear in the users checkpoint?

Any input is appreciated!
RytisT

Re: Checkpoint issues

Post by RytisT »

Can we see your flow? (just a screenshot)
dk_jad

Post by dk_jad »

Sure!
Skærmbillede 2018-10-31 kl. 09.51.22.jpg
Skærmbillede 2018-10-31 kl. 09.51.22.jpg (108.55 KiB) Viewed 8933 times
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

It looks like you are sending both the report and job through the same outgoing connection. That's why you get both files to the Check point.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
dk_jad

Post by dk_jad »

jan_suhr wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:46 am It looks like you are sending both the report and job through the same outgoing connection. That's why you get both files to the Check point.
I get you, but it only happens 1 in 50 times, but i will try to disable it. I assumed the data with log was needed for the user to view the report in the checkpoint?
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

Put holds on connections and check, if there isn't anywhere where you get two files to checkpoint only because a file goes to two different directions.

EDIT: Report is enough for user to view it, no need for data.
dk_jad

Post by dk_jad »

RytisT wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am Put holds on connections and check, if there isn't anywhere where you get two files to checkpoint only because a file goes to two different directions.

Ok, good idea.

regarding report, user has option to forward pdf to print even with warnings(sometimes we can't get enough DPI), is this then possible if only log is forwarded to the checkpoint?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

dk_jad wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:04 am
jan_suhr wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:46 am It looks like you are sending both the report and job through the same outgoing connection. That's why you get both files to the Check point.
I get you, but it only happens 1 in 50 times, but i will try to disable it. I assumed the data with log was needed for the user to view the report in the checkpoint?
It depends on the report type, If you do a Report with Annotations it should work in the Check point
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

dk_jad wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:13 am
RytisT wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:06 am Put holds on connections and check, if there isn't anywhere where you get two files to checkpoint only because a file goes to two different directions.

Ok, good idea.

regarding report, user has option to forward pdf to print even with warnings(sometimes we can't get enough DPI), is this then possible if only log is forwarded to the checkpoint?
Oh right, sorry, I forgot about output. Yeah, in that case you should use "Data with log".
dk_jad

Post by dk_jad »

Ok, got a bit wiser now. If the job is treated in parallel later on in the flow, an extra instance will appear in the checkpoint. So if I connect the Mail send to be after the Archive Hierarchy it works as intended.