filter by trimbox size in Switch?

mwinker

Post by mwinker »

I'm working on a workflow to filter documents by their trim box sizes to send to imposition.  I'm doing this by setting a filter in the connections between folders, using "define conditions with variables". Then using the "stats" group with the trimbox width and height variables. (Unless you can think of a better way...) 

My question is:  When I'm defining conditions does the precision entry (box on upper right) work like a plus or minus tolerance so that if the document comes through, say at  .7 points too large,   if my precision is set at .5 it fails and if it's set at 1.0 it passes?

It was not real clear to me in the manual.

Thank You,

Mike
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Hello, precision value controls how many digits to the right of the decimal point are included in the comparison.

For example, take two PDFs with page size of [612, 792] the other [612.05, 792.01] and the filter was checking page width == 612 and page height == 792, then

if Precision == 1, the both page sizes should match [612,792]

if Precision == 2, the only the [612, 792] should match

However, in my tests Switch didn't perform as expected. There's a note in the Precision tooltip that Precision should be set to 0 for rational values which is what PDF page sizes are typed as.

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.

dkelly@apago.com
mwinker

Post by mwinker »

Thanks, I think I just needed to hear that a different way. That makes sense now.