Assembling a split and ungrouped job

abonsey

Assembling a split and ungrouped job

Post by abonsey »

I have a flow that splits a PDF into single pages and adds an _[index]. The PDF can be quite large ie _0001 to _1000 and bigger.
I then ungroup the individuals and perform other actions on odds and even pages further in the flow before assembling the job back together based on the ungroup private data key.
So far everything works fine.

When it then merges the individual pages back together their sequence based on the index is wrong ie _001, _002, _011, _101, _102..._110, 012

How do I get it to merge back in the correct original sequence?

Having looked at the flow and tested it further it appears the issue is at the Merge point.
When viewing an "assembled job folder" in the preceding folder to the Merge action it initially views the list incorrectly before self-refreshing to show the correct order.
Is that something to do with the Switch prefix?
As you can't change the merge action in any way, how do I resolve this.

TIA
Andrew
Last edited by abonsey on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: Assembling a split and ungrouped job

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Hi Andrew
Maybe put a hold before the Merge PDF of say 10 seconds to allow the files to settle.
Malcolm
Arthur

Re: Assembling a split and ungrouped job

Post by Arthur »

Have you tried to sort files before the merge using the SORT FILES configurator ??
Worth a try.
Alternatively - a new app has just been released, named - Folder Apps (comes free of charge).
One of the little tools it offers is:
"File Property Sort" puts files inside a job folder in a certain alphabetical order based on a property of the file.
This then might come handy and allow for proper sorting for merging.