Use a "database" without using the database module

LasseThid
Advanced member

Use a "database" without using the database module

Post by LasseThid »

Is it possible to somehow create a "database" containing the names of the printers, which stocks are available for each printer and which profile to use for each stock on that printer in a document like a text file, xml file or whatever and then have Switch read that document and return the profile name?
Preferably it should be quite easy to add stocks and profile names for each printer... 8-)
Currently I have five different flows, one for each printer, that assign the profile name to use for each stock to a Private Data key that I use in GMG, but it would be really nice if you could somehow say find printer A and stock B and then return the profile name... 8-)
Suggestions?
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Use a "database" without using the database module

Post by freddyp »

Have I not already pointed you to the Appstore last week :D

There are two apps that allow you to do a search on a CSV file, which is perfect for a small "database" that is not very dynamic, like the use case that you are describing.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Use a "database" without using the database module

Post by LasseThid »

LOL freddyp!!!

One of these days I may actually remember to check the Appstore before posting.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.