Multiple datasets in one Text path

RytisT

Multiple datasets in one Text path

Post by RytisT »

Hi. I'm wondering if this is possible, I have such line:
[Metadata.TextIndexed:Path="/EnfocusReport/PreflightReport/Errors/PreflightReportItem/Message",Dataset="B/W",Model="XML",Separator="<br>",Space="trim"]
Which I use in HTML Code. But I was wondering, is there a way to use multiple Datasets? Let's say like this:
[Metadata.TextIndexed:Path="/EnfocusReport/PreflightReport/Errors/PreflightReportItem/Message",Dataset="Check1;Check2",Model="XML",Separator="<br>",Space="trim"]
Basically pointing out multiple datasets to take information from. Anyhow? Thanks.
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Multiple datasets in one Text path

Post by Padawan »

To my knowledge this is not possible with variables. Via scripting you could:

- Merge your two preflight reports into one preflight report. Then you could use your variable on the merged report
or
- loop over all the items in both datasets and return all the messages
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

So, If I don't have scripting module, this is not possible then? Correct?

Thanks.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Or simply do the operation 3 times :)
First read the variable from 1 dataset, store it as PrivateData, then repeat the same for the 2nd dataset, store it as new Dataset with both variables in (may use Private Data Extractor - but still cheaper than the scripting module) and voila. You have both variables in 1 dataset.

Or you could filter/copy those variables with XSLT to separate XMLs and then possibly merge them into 1. This however might be a bit tricky (never tried that).