FTP Receive Flow

ChritianK

FTP Receive Flow

Post by ChritianK »

Hi all,

Do you know if it is possible to made a flow that do this :
- Received files from FTP Server with FTP Receive
but I could receive files, or folders : How could I set up this ?

and other things, Files or folders received mut be copied into another destination ( local server), ideally in a new folder with the date.

So I receive a email that inform me that new file or folders are received, and the files are copied on my server with the date of the day.

Could be nice, no ?

Someone have made a similar flow that could be modify for my needs ?

Best Regards,
Christian
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: FTP Receive Flow

Post by Padawan »

- Received files from FTP Server with FTP Receive
but I could receive files, or folders : How could I set up this ?
For this you will need to play with the "subfolders levels" setting in the FTP Receive element. This way you can differentiate between the subfolder levels which define the structure of your folders and the subfolders which need to be picked up.

I would suggest to set "Keep originals on server" to yes and experiment with the value of the setting. After you did a test you can deactivate the flow, right click on the FTP receive and choose "Reprocess originals". This way Switch will reprocess the files and you can try something new.
and other things, Files or folders received must be copied into another destination ( local server), ideally in a new folder with the date.
When the jobs arrive in the flow you can send them to a "set hierarchy path" element. Set it up with a Switch.Date variable to add the current date to the hierarchy info of the job.

Then send the job to an Archive Hierarchy element with "subfolder levels" set to 99. This way it will use all information in the hierarchy info of the job.
So I receive a email that inform me that new file or folders are received, and the files are copied on my server with the date of the day.
After the Archive Hierarchy you could have a Mail Send element to do this

It also might be a good idea to check the documentation on the Switch tools and options I've mentioned to get some more theoretical background on them:
https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGui ... about.html
ChritianK

Re: FTP Receive Flow

Post by ChritianK »

Thanks for your answer Padawan, effectively documentation is one of parts of my interest, and community forums, and sometimes ask for tips to do faster things. Because I'm not doing each days new flows, and didn't remember exactly how Switch proceed with command or options, experiments users can help and I appreciate it !
Thanks again !