Problems with hotfolders on Helios servers?

patej

Post by patej »

Hi,

We are running into problems with Switch (Win, v11 update 3) with

hotfolders that are on a network drive on a Helios server. Have any of you run into similar problems? Basically this is what happens:

When a flow has a not-automanaged folder (a hotfolder or a final output folder) set up on a network location which is on a Helios (PC Share UB2) server, the flow validates and starts fine, but after a few seconds (up to a few minutes) the numbers showing the number of files in different flow elements change to 0 and Windows Explorer (when trying to view the folder) gives an error where it says that "servernameshare is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator... Not enought server storage is available to process this command."

When I exit Switch the problem immediately goes away and the network location becomes available in Explorer again. The problem returns when Switch is reopened and the flow restarted.

Same flow works fine when I set the fixed folders into a different network drive not on that Helios server.

Any ideas what the problem could be? Have any one of you met similar problems?

--patrik
Benoit

Post by Benoit »

We are using Helios Ethershare on mac os without problem.

Just remarked that with folders with up to 100 files, Switch could become lower in response.

Benoit
manupapet

Post by manupapet »

Hi,

I use Enfocus Switch with Hotfolder on MAC Helios, i had the same problem to you. I have made my flow with network map letter (for example : x/FolderIn), no error when I made my flow but not working in excecute mode. I solve this problem with 2 things :

1. I had use absolute path network : for example : Helios_ServerFolderIn

2. I had create a new user in Enfocus Switch and the same user in Helios Admin to access folder on Helios server.

I wish my respone help you.

Emmanuel

PS : I'm French and I'have a bad English, sorry
patej

Post by patej »

manupapet wrote:

1. I had use absolute path network : for example : Helios_ServerFolderIn

2. I had create a new user in Enfocus Switch and the same user in Helios Admin to access folder on Helios server.

Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for your response, "good" to hear that we are not alone with this problem! :)

We have already used absolute paths with our hotfolders because that is the recommended way anyway.

I tried now to create a new user with the same info both in Switch and Helios Admin, but it did not help. Now Explorer does not seem to lose its connection to the Helios server, but the files just disappear from the flow. Switch adds its job id prefix to the files in input folder, but after that shows no files in that folder, even though the renamed files are still visible and accessible in the input folder via Windows Explorer. I also wondered what creating a user in Switch helps, because you don't really log in to Switch and run the flows as a specific user; the users are only used for accessing flows via SwitchClient.. Isn't it so?

Do you have any further ideas or did I miss something in your solution? I have tested this with a simple "in folder -> rename with new suffix -> out folder" flow, which works fine when the in and out folders are on another network drive that is not on a Helios server. Unfortunately the drives on that Helios server are critical part of our flows...

--patrik
manupapet

Post by manupapet »

Hi Patrik,

Perhaps a problem with you switch flow. Do you include the folder "problem jobs" in your flow ?

Do you have error message in switch message ?

Can you change the Hotfolders to another server ?

Emmanuel
patej

Post by patej »

Hi Emmanuel,

The same flow works fine when I change the hotfolders to a non-Helios server so there is nothing wrong with that. I have also tried with several flows and one very simple one, which I described in my previous message. I have a problem folder and Switch gives no error messages, the files just disappear from the flow after the log shows the "Added unique name prefix, new name is..." entry.

I don't have an option to change the hotfolders to non-Helios servers because the flows we need are more complicated that simple input-output flow so they need access to several Helios server folders which cannot be set to fixed locations.

It's hard to find out what the problem is because the log doesn't show almost anything...

--patrik
manupapet

Post by manupapet »

Hi,

Could you send me your flow, i test at my home ?

manupapet@yahoo.fr

Emmanuel