Insert different logos

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Insert different logos

Post by Terkelsen »

I have one 16-page PDF file with a specific logo placed on the front and the back page in a specific location.

I need to make 100 variants of this PDF each with a different logo in these two locations. Both Switch and PitStop Server will be available.

Using "Add copied graphic" in Pitstop would require an individual action for each logo. Merging the PDF with a PDF of the logo and then copy form there onto the desired places would be possible but how would I tell Switch to pick up each logo until all are used?

Any ideas would be appreciated.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Insert different logos

Post by gabrielp »

Sounds like a small variable data job. In my world I would have done this with HP SmartStream or whatever -- built a little spreadsheet with the logo names for each variant and built the file that way.
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

You are absolutely right about this being a variable data job. It just came to my mind that I could turn things around and use the logos (converted to PDF) as the input and the 16 page PDF as the constant that is injected in Switch. This way I can use the method I mentioned where the two PDFs are merged and then the copy and paste in Pitstop will work.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Evermap MailMerge ??
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

I already created the solution using Switch and Pitstop ;)

The logos are converted to PDF. The 16 page PDF is injected and the two files are merged with the logo as page 1. An action in Pitstop will select page 1 and scale it to the desired size. The action then cuts page one and paste the content in a specified location on page 2 (which is now the frontpage of the 16 page PDF). Page 1 is deleted and viola!
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Terkelsen wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:13 am I already created the solution using Switch and Pitstop ;)

The logos are converted to PDF. The 16 page PDF is injected and the two files are merged with the logo as page 1. An action in Pitstop will select page 1 and scale it to the desired size. The action then cuts page one and paste the content in a specified location on page 2 (which is now the frontpage of the 16 page PDF). Page 1 is deleted and viola!
*sings PitStop Wizard to the tune of The Who's Pinball Wizard*
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

:lol: