CSV to xml

Penguin

CSV to xml

Post by Penguin »

I want to take a csv file and read a few columns that tell me the order ID, product ID, and the quantity so that I can use that data to pick up the correct pdf file the equal to the quantity. Then look at the page size of the files and combine alike sizes and drop those pdf's into a hot folder for print. I hope I'm explaining this correctly and somebody can help me with it.

Thanks,
Bruce
Arthur

Re: CSV to xml

Post by Arthur »

there is an app for Switch that does exactly that. Converts CSV to XML, which you can then pick up and use the values that you need.
Penguin

Post by Penguin »

I saw that but I was hoping maybe that the xml module would do it since you have to pay for that also.
Arthur

Post by Arthur »

Not that I know of. The metadata module is merely for handling metadata, it is not a converter or creator.
This can be achieved with additional tools in type of Switch apps or external 3rd party apps via the command line or hotfolders if applicable. There is plenty of 3rd party tools, that can get you there, some may come at a lesser cost than the mentioned app, yet its usability is not fully confirmed.
Try CoolUtils :)