Review Module - Original PDF input file

abonsey

Review Module - Original PDF input file

Post by abonsey »

We use the review module to sent out emails to clients.
The original input was an XML that picks up the supplied file and wraps the XML round it as normal. The problem is that when the customer reviews the file and approves it the output from that process is the report file with the XML file. My additional preflights further down the process fail because it tries to create a report that is already a report file.
Am I missing a trick or is there a way round this?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Review Module - Original PDF input file

Post by jan_suhr »

You could use a Inject Job that picks up the PDF file again after the Review
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
abonsey

Post by abonsey »

Unfortunately that's not really a starter as the PDF had already been through preflights and actions before being submitted for review so I don't want to do all that again.
Any other thoughts?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

If the customer see the PDF report in PDf Review instead of the original PDF then you have either to change your flow so that it is the original that the customer see.

Or let them see the report it there is warnings or errors and in PDF review they make decisions on what and how the PDF should be treated. Then if they decide that the PDF should be printed anyway they say OK to the job and Switch will pick up the original PDF from a repository. If they decide anything else, like tell you to fix problems or they send you a new file the original in the repository gets deleted.

Here is a flow that does just that. Customer sees the PDF Report with all errors and warnings as annotations. They also get a report in the email with the link, that email also has a preview of the PDF's first page.
PDF Review flow.jpg
PDF Review flow.jpg (167.71 KiB) Viewed 4699 times
Email me if you have any questions on this flow.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I do not quite understand the original question. It suggests that the output of the review process is a report, but it is not: the output of the review process is the input file, possibly enriched with comments that have been added.

And why would you preflight a file after it has been approved and not before?