Release a certain number of files at the time at a specific interval

LasseThid
Advanced member

Release a certain number of files at the time at a specific interval

Post by LasseThid »

I have a flow where a csv file dropped in a hotfolder will be converted to xml files with CSV2XML and these will then be used to inject a pdf from a file repository in to the flow. The pdf will be color matched and then imposed by Tilia Phoenix. However, as the csv file may contain more than 50 products and our license for Tilia Phoenix is limited to 50 products per job I either have to find a way for Switch to hold all files and then release 50 files every five or ten minutes or manually edit the csv file to contain no more than 50 products.
Is it possible to release a specific number of files at specific intervals like that or do I need to upgrade my license for Tilia Phoenix?
Thanks in advance!
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
Malcolm Mackenzie

Re: Release a certain number of files at the time at a specific interval

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Hi Lasse

Maybe something like the flow in the link?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nx3xugrarl8yg ... sflow?dl=0
Screenshot 2019-11-03 09.47.23.png
Screenshot 2019-11-03 09.47.23.png (18.3 KiB) Viewed 7965 times
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Hi Malcolm.
Yeah, I have that setup in a different flow, but as the ordered amount for each products is different, I would then have to make as many copies of the page for each product before assembling the pdf and then splitting it, which means I could end up with about 1000 pages 700x1000 mm in the pdf before splitting it and I would have 250 impositions with a run length of one copy instead of fewer impositions with longer run lengths, ie. 50 impositions with a run length of five copies if the customer order 200 products, five copies of each... :D
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Malcolm Mackenzie

Post by Malcolm Mackenzie »

Hi Lasse

Think I'm getting my around the issue!
Maybe split the xml into singles
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... l-repeater
and group/hold those?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

There is "Assemble job" but that puts everything in a folder and you loose the job tickets of all the jobs that go into the folder. And there is the app "Hold job groups" that works a bit like "Assemble job" but it does not assemble.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks for the info Freddy. I will look into the Hold job groups and see if that is an option.

Anywho, here are two screenshot of the two flows I have.
The first flow converts the csv file to xml files and then injects a dummy pdf, in order for my to pick up the xml information. I then rename the job and export the xml to a folder to be picked up by the pdf injected by the dummy pdf and then I rename the files for production and color match them before sending them for impositioning. This part works as it's supposed to.
It's the second flow that's the problem...
Either I need to find a way of releasing 50 files every ten to fifteen minutes, which keeps the resulting impositions to a minimum and hence the number of print files or I implement the part in the red box which means more impositions and more files for the print operators or I accept that I have to edit the incoming csv files so they contain no more than 50 products or bite the bullit and upgrade the license... :lol:

By the way, I'm sure there's a better way to do what I want to achieve with this flow, but this is the only way I could think of doing it... 8-)

First flow.png
First flow.png (148.98 KiB) Viewed 7927 times
Second flow.png
Second flow.png (60.36 KiB) Viewed 7927 times
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

On my Windows installation of Switch I use CSV Splitter https://download.cnet.com/CSV-Splitter/ ... 10188.html to split csv-files based on certain number of lines.
Maybe this is easier for your flow to split the CSV in 50 lines.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks Jimmy!
Excellent suggestion. I'll look into it!