Resend job after 24 hours IF job still exists

chrisj

Resend job after 24 hours IF job still exists

Post by chrisj »

Hi there, first time poster.

Right now I have a flow that sends a job to a directory and from there an email is sent off to have the job approved. As soon as it is approved, the job proceeds onward, but sometimes the email is ignored and I'm trying to build in a feature whereby a second follow-up email will be triggered after 24 hours if the job still exists in the directory. So right now the flow looks like:

Jobs[1]-->Email-->Approved
Jobs[0]

But I want it to function more like:

Jobs[1]-->Email-->Ignored
Jobs[1]-->Email(1st reminder)-->Ignored
Jobs[1]-->Email(2nd reminder)-->Ignored
(et cetera - until eventually...)
Jobs[1]-->Email(3rd reminder)-->Approved
Jobs[0]

I tried to create a loop and hold the job for 24 hours, but that just sends a follow-up email no matter what, instead of being conditional upon the job still existing in the original directory. Pretty new to switch still. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Resend job after 24 hours IF job still exists

Post by Terkelsen »

I think you should have a look at the free "Folder Apps" from the Enfocus App Store https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/folder-apps. One of the configurators called "Hot Folder Monitor" will allow you to scan a specific folder at defined intervals (could be 84400 seconds = 24 hours). If a file is still present at the next scan it will create a textfile with this information. I guess you could then use this information to trigger a reminder e-mail.
berniemok

Post by berniemok »

Just interested to ask a small question related to this flow.

When the email is sent off to get approval, I guess that there is no attachment file, just say approved and go ahead to print.

If there is no attachment file, can I still use "Mail Receive" , then "Inject Job" (search the filename from the reply email) to trigger the waiting job to proceed onward?

Or is there other way to do?

Thank you in advance.
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

berniemok wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:59 am Just interested to ask a small question related to this flow.

When the email is sent off to get approval, I guess that there is no attachment file, just say approved and go ahead to print.

If there is no attachment file, can I still use "Mail Receive" , then "Inject Job" (search the filename from the reply email) to trigger the waiting job to proceed onward?

Or is there other way to do?

Thank you in advance.
Are we talking about PDF review module here? If so, when you send off the email, file sits and waits in PDF Review module, if file is approved it will automatically be sent forward.
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

@op

I suppose you could use "Fail jobs after timeout", set it to 1 day, have "Fail Connection" folder set to your own instead of "Problem jobs" and just re-route the file back to PDF Review module.

http://prntscr.com/ql7m2h - Haven't tried this myself, but in theory, I believe it should work.