PitStop Annotations to PDF Comments

RytisT

PitStop Annotations to PDF Comments

Post by RytisT »

Hi. When I asked someone some time ago about PitStop's annotations (errors/fixes/warnings) in PDF Review module, they said it's not supported yet, but I got the answer that in theory it's possible to take comments from PitStop's PDF and add as metadata to show in PDF Review module.

Has anyone done that? Is there perhaps an "easy" way to do such thing? Thanks.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: PitStop Annotations to PDF Comments

Post by jan_suhr »

If you make an annotated PDf as the report and send that to PDF Review for the customer to look at you get one annotation that there is some problem and that you should click the bookmark to look at the problem. This is not possible to do in PDF Review since it will not show bookmarks. :x

If the customer make notes in the file they are how ever possible to pick up as XML in a few ways. One way is with Apago pdfSpy which is a Configurator for Switch. There are also some CLI apps that can do it through the Execute Command element.

But the best way is infact callas pdfToolbox who does an Annotated PDF report with real annotations that are shown in PDF Review in the comments panel to the left in the browser. And if the customer add thier own comments pdfToolbox can pick them up as an XML that can be used in Switch.

You can see how it looks here, it's in Swedish but Google translate can help you. Scroll down a bit and you see how it looks in PDF Review with the PReflight report as annotations.
http://www.colorconsult.se/acymailing/v ... enska.html

But customer comments made in PDF Review are also saved as a dataset if you turn it on in the outgoing connection.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps