Converting HEIC to JPG

Terkelsen
Advanced member

Converting HEIC to JPG

Post by Terkelsen »

I wanted to make a simple flow, that could use Photoshop 2020 to convert HEIC (from iPhone) to JPG. The file opens fine, if I open it from Photoshop. However, if I send the HEIC file to the Photoshop configurator from within Switch, I get this error: "_0297L_IMG_8543.HEIC': the job file type is not supported".

Any ideas?
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Converting HEIC to JPG

Post by freddyp »

ImageMagick has support for the HEIC format so you do not require Photoshop to do the conversion.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Thanks for the workaround, Freddy. I'm still curious though, why that doesn't work with the Photoshop configurator.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

It is probably not configured for that format. Do you see any error or debug messages?
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

Hi Jan,

Yes, there is a few debug messages from Photoshop:

Cannot find extension for Mac type '????' and creator '????' of the file '/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/Switch Server/backing/HEIC to jpg/automanaged/Folder 3/_0297N_IMG_8541.jpg'

and...

osascript "/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/Switch Server/temp/EnvironmentClass/5/RunScript.scpt" "/Users/erikterkelsen/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/Switch Server/temp/691/ScriptElement/2/6/FinalJavaScript.js"

and this error:

The requested statistics are not available for the job '/Users/<user>/Library/Application Support/Enfocus/Switch Server/ProblemFiles/HEIC to jpg/_0297M_IMG_8543.jpg': the job file type is not supported