Flow continuously generate errors

mart3223

Flow continuously generate errors

Post by mart3223 »

Hi All,

2 of my flows are continuously generating errors (see print screen in attachment). There are no files in the folders, or other files in the flow. Already did the following:
  • Reboot
  • Installed the 2019 fall edition
  • Checked all items and folders in the flow
  • Updated all the apps to the new versions
Has someone a idea how to fix this? And where I need to look to solve it? Like to hear!

Kind Regards,
Martijn
Attachments
sample-errors.PNG
sample-errors.PNG (72.9 KiB) Viewed 6718 times
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Flow continuously generate errors

Post by jan_suhr »

Try File/Cleanup application data in the menu.

It is probably because Switch expect jobs in folders of flows and the files are not there anymore.

If the above command don't work, try File/Stop Switch Server. It should clean up the database. And it will look through everything on start up.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

Are you using the portal apps?
then I think you might be running into these issues :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3341&p=10466&hilit=Ether#p10466
mart3223

Post by mart3223 »

Padawan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:33 am Are you using the portal apps?
then I think you might be running into these issues :

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3341&p=10466&hilit=Ether#p10466
Yes that should be the problem. Thanks, no solution yet I see. I trying to go back to version 3, but didn't help. I wil continue in the other post. Thanks!
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

If Portals proves to pose problems then please report them to the app developer. Let me suggest an alternative: Switch2Switch (https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... tch2switch)

Although it was made with a job transfer from one Switch installation to another one in mind it can also be used locally (just use the default settings).

WARNING: Switch2Switch does not support job folders.

For those who are interested in the technical details, the two Switch2Switch apps use a totally different approach: "Send to Switch" sends a webhook, and "Receive from Switch" handles the webhook by retrieving the job and its metadata from Switch's REST API. No intermediate packed file is created and it is therefore also faster than Portals. At least when you have the Switch 2019 Fall release. The REST API of the Spring release did not yet have support for requesting the private data and the datasets of the job, so you had to do "Pack job" before sending and "Unpack job" after receiving.
mart3223

Post by mart3223 »

Great thanks, will test is later. For now I removed the complete Portals App and build it with static folders to migrate a order to another flow.
mkayyyy

Post by mkayyyy »

freddyp wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:57 pm If Portals proves to pose problems then please report them to the app developer. Let me suggest an alternative: Switch2Switch (https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... tch2switch)

Although it was made with a job transfer from one Switch installation to another one in mind it can also be used locally (just use the default settings).

WARNING: Switch2Switch does not support job folders.

For those who are interested in the technical details, the two Switch2Switch apps use a totally different approach: "Send to Switch" sends a webhook, and "Receive from Switch" handles the webhook by retrieving the job and its metadata from Switch's REST API. No intermediate packed file is created and it is therefore also faster than Portals. At least when you have the Switch 2019 Fall release. The REST API of the Spring release did not yet have support for requesting the private data and the datasets of the job, so you had to do "Pack job" before sending and "Unpack job" after receiving.
Never thought of this use case for Switch2Switch, works great thank you Freddy! Was going to say the only thing that was missing was being able to set the URL and Channel variables on the properties but I've just seen that version 3.0 has that functionality.