search and replace with rtf document

babathemacman

search and replace with rtf document

Post by babathemacman »

I have more than 2 different EAN codes that I want to replace for more than 100 other numbers. Is there anything to make within switch that does this automatically. For example, I have 12345.pdf and 12345_1.pdf and that should be 59699.pdf and 59699_1.pdf and then repeat this with the remaining 99 numbers that I still have. He must first make a copy of the files and then rename and place somewhere
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: search and replace with rtf document

Post by freddyp »

You will have to be more specific. The title of your post says "search and replace with rtf document" but in the text you refer to EAN codes and to PDF file names. It is not clear to me if you want to change EAN codes or change PDF file names, or is it both? And you still have 99 remaining numbers. Where? In the rtf document?

Describe your question in terms of: this is the input, this is the desired output. Explaining why is also interesting.
babathemacman

Post by babathemacman »

yes sorry i also mean psd files and no pdf.

But I have 2 Photoshop PSD files with only the EAN number and the other with the same EAN number followed by _1. Now I also have a list with about 100 other EAN numbers and now I am looking for something to make a copy of the current 2 photoshop PSD files and replace the EAN number for the next one in the list etc. etc.
  I should then get 100 Photoshop files with 50 EAN numbers and 50 EAN numbers followed by _1.
I hope it's so clearer.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

What does the list look like? Is it a flat list of numbers? Is it a table with old number - new number? How is that list available? Is it in an XML file? Is it in a database? Is it written on a piece of paper?

EAN is a type of barcode. Is that what you are talking about? I am not certain because EAN codes either contain 8 or 13 digits, but the example number you use only has 5 digits.

Is the "EAN number" only in the file name? In that case it means that the only thing that has to be done is to copy the two files 100 times and rename the 200 new files based on the information in the list. How to do this depends on what the list looks like.

If the EAN number is also inside the file, then I assume the EAN number inside the file also has to be changed. Correct? How is that supposed to work when the input file is a PSD file? And when the "EAN number" is not a valid EAN code.
babathemacman

Post by babathemacman »

The "EAN number" only in the filename so indeed must copy the two files 100 times and give the 200 new files a new name based on the information in the list. The list is a Word file containing the EAN numbers, but can also be saved as rtf files.