Preflight report and original PDF into same e-mail without zipping?

patej

Post by patej »

Hi,

I have a flow which should receive PDF files via e-mail, run a preflight (PitStop Server) and then return an e-mail with the checked PDF and a report PDF. I've now solved it by having an Assemble job, which zips the two files, before sending the mail, but I would like to have the two PDFs as separate attachments in the same e-mail. How could this be accomplished? Naturally a step to check the hires PDF size and not send it if it's too big, would be a necessary addition. Now with the zip file's case, I can't send even the report if the file is too big.

It's important because many users are checking their e-mail from their mobile phones on to go and unzipping a file just to check the report is not that user-friendly...

Any ideas on this? I would like to, naturally, use the existing elements as much as possible before solving this by using a script.

--patrik
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

When more than one file is involved (i.e. multiple file in a job folder) Switch will zip them before attaching them to the mail. Your reason for not wanting this is clear and acceptable, but I am afraid that behavior is built in.

You can solve it with a script, but not by doing something to the job settings, as the mail attachments are not parameters of the job, but simply the job itself. What you will have to do is to use a mail client that is you can run from the command line and call that with Process.execute.

Freddy
patej

Post by patej »

Ah, a pity it doesn't work. Thanks for the explanation, though!

Could this idea still be taken in as a feature request, e.g. as an extra option in mail element "send multiple attachments as individual files", or conversely, "send multiple attachments as a compressed file"?

--patrik
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Already done. No promises when it will be, though :)

Freddy