Delete data automatically after a certain time

lb-creative

Delete data automatically after a certain time

Post by lb-creative »

Hello everybody

We have various folders on our own FTP server, the contents of which are to be automatically deleted after a time X.

I have the possibility to stop a job in the switch and forward it to the trash after time X. This works so far. But this method has the disadvantage that the monitored data is automatically renamed by Switch. test.pdf currently becomes 04_ZTW_test.pdf.

Can this automatic renaming be circumvented, if so how?

Merci for your help.
Zoranj

Re: Delete data automatically after a certain time

Post by Zoranj »

Do not use Auto-Managed folders, instead pick a "hard" location on network or local drive, unique name will be stripped when saved there.
cedric.sintes

Post by cedric.sintes »

Hello,

Each job that arrives in Switch gets a unique 6-character prefix surrounded by 2 underscore. This rule cannot be set.

However, this prefix is removed once all processing is done and the jobs leave Switch (in a self-managed or a defined folder).

If you want to clean up a local folder, the best option is to use the Folder Apps / File Pool Cleanup which allow you to clean a local folder from old files : https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/folder-apps
lb-creative

Post by lb-creative »

cedric.sintes wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:49 pm Hello,

Each job that arrives in Switch gets a unique 6-character prefix surrounded by 2 underscore. This rule cannot be set.

However, this prefix is removed once all processing is done and the jobs leave Switch (in a self-managed or a defined folder).

If you want to clean up a local folder, the best option is to use the Folder Apps / File Pool Cleanup which allow you to clean a local folder from old files : https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/folder-apps
Hello

Merci for your input. I already looked at the app "File Pool Cleanup". Unfortunately it only works with local directories. Unfortunately it does not work with network directories. These folders, which we want to have deleted automatically after time X, are directories that are on our FTP server. So unfortunately it does not work with File Pool Cleanup.
lb-creative

Post by lb-creative »

Zoranj wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:42 pm Do not use Auto-Managed folders, instead pick a "hard" location on network or local drive, unique name will be stripped when saved there.
Hello

I don't quite understand that. For example, we have a folder/directory that is located on an FTP server. This folder contains PDF data at irregular intervals. Now we want the data in this folder to be removed after a time X. Important: The name of the PDF data must not be changed.

See example flow with further explanations: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12A_ed7 ... OtKTu/view
Zoranj

Post by Zoranj »

There are various ways to achieve this.
One example that I use would be to use third party app that will delete files in folder that are older than xx time.
App will not add unique name since it executes on timer or cron job.
lb-creative

Post by lb-creative »

Zoranj wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:13 pm There are various ways to achieve this.
One example that I use would be to use third party app that will delete files in folder that are older than xx time.
App will not add unique name since it executes on timer or cron job.
Sounds good. And what application would that be?
Zoranj

Post by Zoranj »

You should be able to use any one of many free utilities to delete files.
Also command line is an option.
Particular application I am using is Deletefiles
https://github.com/RickStrahl/DeleteFiles