Trigger e-mail message only once. Can you do that?

lb-creative

Trigger e-mail message only once. Can you do that?

Post by lb-creative »

Hello everybody

We have a flow in which we receive data via FTP and then process it automatically. Now I would like an e-mail message to be sent as soon as we receive the first print data. But this message should only be triggered once. This means that we receive two PDF files for a magazine (cover and content and possibly additional correction pages), but the e-mail message may only be triggered once.

Maybe you can store somewhere that a certain e-mail message is only triggered again within e.g. 10 minutes?

Maybe you can define somewhere that a certain e-mail message is only triggered in a certain status?
billy.olvestad

Re: Trigger e-mail message only once. Can you do that?

Post by billy.olvestad »

Is there any way of identifying the files as belonging to the same job, like for instance some sort of job number in the file name or something?
In that case it should be possible to only send mail the first time, and if more files with the same job number comes in, no mail will be sent.

That could be done with an "assemble job" configurator that waits a certain time for more files with the same job number, and then assembles the files to a job folder. That job folder can then trigger the mail, and then only one mail will be sent.

Another solution could be to use different subfolders on the ftp. One that triggers a mail and another folder that doesn't trigger a mail.
You can then have two different "FTP Receive" configurators that do different things.

I can think of some other solutions as well if that doesn't work, but I think these will be the easiest solutions.
lb-creative

Re: Trigger e-mail message only once. Can you do that?

Post by lb-creative »

billy.olvestad wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:03 pm Is there any way of identifying the files as belonging to the same job, like for instance some sort of job number in the file name or something?
In that case it should be possible to only send mail the first time, and if more files with the same job number comes in, no mail will be sent.

That could be done with an "assemble job" configurator that waits a certain time for more files with the same job number, and then assembles the files to a job folder. That job folder can then trigger the mail, and then only one mail will be sent.

Another solution could be to use different subfolders on the ftp. One that triggers a mail and another folder that doesn't trigger a mail.
You can then have two different "FTP Receive" configurators that do different things.

I can think of some other solutions as well if that doesn't work, but I think these will be the easiest solutions.
All right. Merci for the input. Try it out right now.