Sorting and duplicating pages in PDF

Sunnyland

Sorting and duplicating pages in PDF

Post by Sunnyland »

So just wondering if anyone sorts multiple page PDF's where there is one common back and multiple fronts, for example we have a lot of designers that will send us double sided business cards but only ever give us the first or last page as the back of the card and then give us multiple fronts. I would like to try to figure out a good way to split all the pages into singles and the add the common back to them all.

Really trying to find the least complicated way to do this without sending the files back to the designer. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
patej

Re: Sorting and duplicating pages in PDF

Post by patej »

I think Duplicate Pages Pro (https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... -pages-pro) can handle that.

But do you have PitStop Server? With that, it's quite easy to create an action list that copies either the first page or the last page of the document so that you will get a single file with the common front on every other page. So the action would go roughly like:
  • select last page
  • copy its contents to clipboard
  • split action list (to start again from page 1
  • add empty pages "after every 1 pages starting from page 1"
  • select "every 2 pages starting from page 2"
  • paste clipboard contents in
  • remove the (now duplicated) last page
Some variation might be needed, depending on if the common page is the first or last in the document... Or if you receive two files: one with the back and the other one with all front, you can first merge them in switch and then continue with the aforementioned action list.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Post by Terkelsen »

You could:
• Split the front PDF into single files
• Use Inject Job to retrieve the back PDF for each file
• Use assemble job to place the front and the back in a folder
• Use Merge PDF to merge front and back into one file.
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

Thanks for the reply's sorry I have taken so long to respond. Both idea's are great but I think the major stumbling block is figuring out if the back page is the first or last page in the PDF.

I have Callas and Pitstop Server depending on what I need to do. Was thinking maybe using a Text reader and looking for a valid email address? In most cases email are normally on the side with the details on it.
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

Using PitStop "select text by key phrase" and "log selection", you can create an action list that will report if the @ character is present on the page or not.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus