Only release files on Tuesday at 10:00AM

dfsocha

Only release files on Tuesday at 10:00AM

Post by dfsocha »

I'm trying to work out a solution where I can download files off of a clients FTP and Hold them in a folder, either auto-managed or a folder on the server, and then release the hold only on Tuesday morning at 10:00AM. So far, I'm looking at the outgoing connection from the hold and I have the "Day-of-Week" set to Tuesday for "Allow from" and Tuesday set to "Allow to" but I'm concerned that will allow it for the entire week. I have the time set to "Allow from" 10:00 and "Allow to" set to 10:05. I only want to release files at this time as new files may come in later in the day and I do not want to run those.

Having it setup this way, is the 'Day-of-Week' configuration setup and will it only run on Tuesdays from 10:00 to 10:05, or does it look at that and consider it Tuesday one week to Tuesday of the next week? I'm going to do some testing but have a feeling it will open it up for a week and figured I'd be proactive and open a post now :lol:
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Only release files on Tuesday at 10:00AM

Post by freddyp »

This is what the documentation says and it should put your worries to rest:

Day-of-week window: If set to yes, this connection is eligible to receive jobs only during certain days of the week (specified in the subordinate properties)

Allow from: The days of the week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday) during which to receive jobs; two identical values mean the connection is eligible for that 1 single day
dfsocha

Re: Only release files on Tuesday at 10:00AM

Post by dfsocha »

Ah-ha! I didn't see that in the manual before, thank you!