MIS Integration vs SwitchClient

primarycolorinc

MIS Integration vs SwitchClient

Post by primarycolorinc »

I am working towards funneling our files to one input for better management and consistency but I'm also looking forward to the next step. I would like to get your guys/gals input on whether the MIS integration or switch client is the best way to move forward capturing the data to move with the artwork.

We currently use Cyrious Control MIS and to my knowledge they are not partnered with Enfocus. What questions can I ask to help my decision?

Also, has anyone went with MIS integration or SwitchClient and flipped flopped from one to the other?

If I can’t get what I need from the MIS company and I have to go with SwitchClient to get data submitted from the CSRs is that possible from the SwitchClient?

Sorry so lengthy, I look forward to your input and knowledge.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: MIS Integration vs SwitchClient

Post by jan_suhr »

I have done integration with a Swedish MIS called SUMMA, there are some apps for it. From with in the Summa MIS they call the Switch RestAPI to get information from Submit Points. So you create Submit Points in Switch and give them access to the Summa MIS as one Switch User. Then inside the MIS on the order sheet they can upload jobs to one of the available Submit points. If you give the fields in the submit point a name that Summa recognizes it will fill that field with the corresponding value. The apps I have made are then returning values to Summa from Switch to show status or messages about the job.

If your MIS can export XML it is very easy to just get that in to Switch as Metadata. If you have the Scripting module you can even do more, it depends on how open your systems is. If they have their own RestAPI you can with the Scripting module do almost anything between that MIS-system and Switch.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
primarycolorinc

Post by primarycolorinc »

Thank you for that insight. I was looking at your apps yesterday. Once I get this file and ticket flow taken care of, I will be testing out your imposition apps. Do you mind if I PM?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Send me an email if you have any questions
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps