Multiple choice in submit point

BartDenolf

Multiple choice in submit point

Post by BartDenolf »

Hello,

Is there a way to have multiple choice in a submit point? We like to add keywords to images and so user should be able to select multiple words. At this point the only solution is a yes/no option for every keyword, but that is almost impossible for 100 keywords.

Thanks
Bart
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Multiple choice in submit point

Post by jan_suhr »

If you mean a check box for every word and the possibility to select more than one you have to do that over the ReatAPI and a web form driven by PHP for example. Then you can send that info back to Switch in a few different ways, best way is then to a Switch Webhook
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
BartDenolf

Post by BartDenolf »

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your message.

I was hoping to avoid creating a webpage ;) This is for internal use in a big firm and if I want to create an intranet webpage it is out of my hands. What means a delay and then I have to search for budget to make this happen. I was hoping to do it on my own to avoid making this a project ;)

Other suggestions are still welcome :)

Bart
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Well it is not so hard, you can Google yourself to find what you need to do.

Best way would be to let the webform create an XML that is sent to the submit point in Switch and you can go on from there.

There are a few other ways to solve it too but you have to start with.

I have made a solution for a customer where photographers uploaded images to a magazine in a web form, there was predefined fields where they had to write some information about what was in the image, like keywords. Then the web form sent it to Switch as an XML with the image file and Switch added the keywords to the image file with EXIFTool that Switch used for this. EXIFTool was run by the Execute Command.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps