How to use XML?

RytisT

How to use XML?

Post by RytisT »

Hi. I have a generated XML from external source that I want to use in Switch.

My XML looks something like this: https://prnt.sc/uanb2z - I tried to keep it the way switch generates it.

Yet when I try to use any of the data in this XML, I can't see it anywhere in switch. I suppose I need to do something with XML file before I can use it's data? Can someone put me on the right path here?

Thanks!
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: How to use XML?

Post by jan_suhr »

Do you have the Metadata module? You need it to read the XML data to use it in Switch as variables for the job.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

jan_suhr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:51 am Do you have the Metadata module? You need it to read the XML data to use it in Switch as variables for the job.
Yeah, I do.

If I inject a PDF with same name, so there's PDF+Metadata in it (from same xml file)
then Switch reads the metadata, but if there's only the XML file, with no injection, it won't.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Switch can not read the XML file as it is and use its content. You first have to inject the Metadata as a Dataset to the job.

If you only have a XML-file coming in you have to change the property in the XML Pickup tool to Pickup Mode = Metadata is asset. Then the XML in the XML file becomes a dataset associated with that job.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Switch can not read the XML file as it is and use its content. You first have to inject the Metadata as a Dataset to the job.

If you only have a XML-file coming in you have to change the property in the XML Pickup tool to Pickup Mode = Metadata is asset. Then the XML in the XML file becomes a dataset associated with that job.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
RytisT

Post by RytisT »

jan_suhr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:24 am Switch can not read the XML file as it is and use its content. You first have to inject the Metadata as a Dataset to the job.

Thank you.