variable builder random characters

PdFUser5000

variable builder random characters

Post by PdFUser5000 »

My templates always end with two characters which are not available in metadata. They differ from order to order.

Is it possible to insert this into the variable builder? eg [Job.NameProper]--[two random characters]
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: variable builder random characters

Post by magnussandstrom »

Maybe you can use the free password app for this and set it to 2 characters?
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: variable builder random characters

Post by freddyp »

The description of the problem leaves a lot to the imagination, but I do not think it is the idea to add 2 random characters. What my imagination tells me is that there is a piece of metadata with a value, let us say, "abc" and the flow has to find a template that is named "abcxy", but it could also be "abc12".

I further imagine that this template has to be injected into the flow. That will not be possible with "Inject job" but it will be with the "Inject Wildcard" app. It has a property the property "Injected jobs name filter". It is a filter, which is a different way of saying it takes wildcards, and in wildcards * stands for any number of characters and ? for just 1 character. Imaginary conclusion: the property "Injected jobs name filter" should be defined as [Job.NameProper]??