Get print size from PDF's name?

RytisT

Get print size from PDF's name?

Post by RytisT »

Hi. Sometimes we get PDF's that have all boxes (crop, trim, etc) same size but they're not supposed to be, let's say I have 210 x 297 mm design, that needs bleeds, and it's supposed to be:
Trim: 210x297mm
Bleed: 216x303mm,

what happens is some inexperienced people put trim and bleed at 216x303mm in which case, I can't know what is the correct size for design supposed to be.

What I want to do: I want to pull trim box size from pdf's name, example: "print_this_now_210x297mm.pdf" - My plan is to just pull the last sequence of numbers from the file name, and have Size A: 210, Size B: 297, does anyone know how can I put those two into variables? Is this possible without scripting? If not, perhaps anyone got any example that would get me on the right track?

Thanks.
Terkelsen
Advanced member

Re: Get print size from PDF's name?

Post by Terkelsen »

You could use a Regular Expression to extract the part of the filename you need and write these into Private Data. Then use the Private Data as your variable.
mart3223

Re: Get print size from PDF's name?

Post by mart3223 »

You can search in the filename:

Code: Select all

[Job.Name:After="_",Before="x"]

Code: Select all

[Job.Name:After="x",Before="mm"]
Then use the app Metatagger to write it to private data https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/metatagger.
Working with: Enfocus Switch, Pitstop Server, Quite Imposing, Kodak Nexpress (max 640mm sheets and 500grs) with most options (HD, Clear, Gold, White, Light-Black and Matt fuser), Polar Mohr D80 (compucut), Multigraf, Heidelberg, GMP, Duplo, Hohner.