Error message from PitStop Server

LasseThid
Advanced member

Error message from PitStop Server

Post by LasseThid »

We have several flows that use PitStop Server, sometimes more than once depending on what we're doing with the files.

I've started to get a bunch of emails with this message:

Error: 207: The CLI did not succeed in connecting to PitStop Server in a timely fashion
Failing element: Enfocus PitStop Server

I suspect that this is due to the fact that there are too many files in queue for PitStop Server, but is it the Problem Alerts > Processing takes more than X minutes setting in Switch I need to change or is there a similar setting in PitStop Server I need to change?

Switch 2019 Fall and PitStop Server 19 u1.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.
patej

Re: Error message from PitStop Server

Post by patej »

We had this problem and it was only in 19u1. The problem seems to be solved in versio 2020 so I would recommend you to upgrade to that. Beore 2020 was released, we were given two options by the Enfocus support:
1) downgrade to version 19
2) lower the concurrent processing setting in Switch to below the one in PitStop Server settings.

I'm not 100 % confident #2 works, we tried it and still got errors so in the end we downgraded to 19. But with 2020 we haven't had these errors so that's the way to go, if otherwise possible.
LasseThid
Advanced member

Re: Error message from PitStop Server

Post by LasseThid »

Thanks for the information patej.

It looks like I have to find the time to upgrade to 2020 somehow.
Enfocus Switch, Enfocus PitStop Server, Enfocus PDF Review, HP SmartStream& Kodak Prinergy with RBA
Offset 72x102, Offset Large Format, Digital Large Format and Digital print.