Archive Hierarchy vs Assemble Job

jstotz

Archive Hierarchy vs Assemble Job

Post by jstotz »

The Merge PDF element requires a folder of PDF files. I'm trying to use Archive Hierarchy in front to re-assemble some PDFs into a folder that Merge PDF can use. For some reason, it complains that "the job is not a folder". It works when I use Assemble Job, but that doesn't let me put the correct files back together based on their hierarchy info. Why doesn't Archive Hierarchy work since the result is still a folder with files in it?

The flow starts with a hot folder into which I put a folder with some numbered PDF files. I have a branch that sends the files numbered 00 into one path, and the other path is set to all other files. I want to merge these remaining files using the Merge PDF element. When I have Archive Hierarchy in front of Merge PDF it doesn't work. I don't want to use Assemble Job because I want to only assemble the files from one dropped folder, not any dropped folders that may be in the pipeline. I'm currently using Assemble Job, but the minimum wait time is 1 minute, ( I can't use fractional minutes for some stupid reason ) and I have to wait for one folder to finish processing before dropping the next one.

Am I doing something wrong or is there no way to do what I want?
Thanks.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Archive Hierarchy vs Assemble Job

Post by jan_suhr »

Archive Hierarchy is a tool for placing files in a folder structure at the end of a flow. You create the folder structure in a earlier step with the Set Hierarchy Path tool. You can not use these to create a folder for the Merge PDF tool.

Merge PDF needs PDF-files in a folder where the files to be merged are assembled. This will create a folder job. This is a different thing than Archive Hierarchy.

The folder you have as an input can be Ungrouped and you can then do stuff with the files in that folder. Later you can assemble those files back to the folder you ungrouped. Look in the manual for further explanation on the options.

https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGui ... e_job.html
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps