Send processed files to path in metadata

PdFUser5000

Send processed files to path in metadata

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Is this possible somehow? Or should i look into writing a script for this?

1. A custom script moves files into the submit hierachy folder(ai + xml) xml also has the path to the original location of the file.
2. xml is picked up
3. Switch processes the files.
4. The processed files are moved to the original file path, which is in metadata.

I tried using set hierarchy path + archive hierarchy, but it replaces the backslashes with ; and the files go into the main folder of the disk (S: for example, although my address is S:\Customer\order\Test)

Can't use indexes, because sometimes the filepath is longer than 5 path segments and may be located on different hard disks.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Send processed files to path in metadata

Post by jan_suhr »

Have you tried to escape the backslashes i.e. S:\\Customer\\order\\Test
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

jan_suhr wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:07 pm Have you tried to escape the backslashes i.e. S:\\Customer\\order\\Test
Where can try it? in the metadata?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

Don't you have it in your script?

If you have it the Dataset from the XML you have you specify it as \\MYSERVER\Folder\Order\jobfile
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

jan_suhr wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:36 pm Don't you have it in your script?

If you have it the Dataset from the XML you have you specify it as \\MYSERVER\Folder\Order\jobfile
Sorry i misunderstood. I Have no script yet, i was hoping this can be done without a script. But i guess i'll have to try with a script then.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

I can be done without a script, but you can't use S:\\Customer\\order\\Test if it is a mounted volume to the Switch server.
You have to use \\MYSERVER\Customer\order\Test as the path in the Archive Hierarchy
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

jan_suhr wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 pm I can be done without a script, but you can't use S:\\Customer\\order\\Test if it is a mounted volume to the Switch server.
You have to use \\MYSERVER\Customer\order\Test as the path in the Archive Hierarchy
Files are not on the same volume as the switch installation. They are located on 2 different hard drives on the server.
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

PdFUser5000 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:31 pm
jan_suhr wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:03 pm I can be done without a script, but you can't use S:\\Customer\\order\\Test if it is a mounted volume to the Switch server.
Files are not on the same volume as the switch installation. They are located on 2 different hard drives on the server.
The process would look something like this

1. Files arrive in a Switch hotfolder via an illustrator script. The original path of the ai file is in the metadata.
2. Switch processes the files.
3. All output files (ai + newly generated) move to the location in the metadata. Some need a separate folder too.

tried to do something in node, but did not work. Node was not able to move the files.