Assemble - one file and/or multiple files

Liv

Assemble - one file and/or multiple files

Post by Liv »

The purpose for this flow is to preflight, convert native files to pdf, creates job folders. My issue is I need it to be able to Assemble if there is just one file or multiple. I have attached a snap of the workflow and the Assemble properties – both ways. I can get it to assemble one file but it doesn’t work for multiple files (like 3 ai files) and then if I use the properties for multiple, I am unable to get just one file through.
Attachments
Assemble.png
Assemble.png (237.09 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Assemble - one file and/or multiple files

Post by freddyp »

What is your input? If it is always a folder then Ungroup/Assemble will always work.

If it can be a folder or a file then you split the two in the beginning of the flow based on folder or file. The folder you can ungroup. This creates private data that tags the child jobs with the name of the original job and the number of files in the original job. The defaults are Ungroup.JobName and Ungroup.NumFiles and a few others (https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/UserGui ... p_job.html).

For the file you define the same private data:

Code: Select all

Ungroup.JobName=[Job.Name]
Ungroup.NumFiles=1
and as a consequence you can now use "Assemble - Scheme - Ungrouped job" for both the input files and input folders.

From the screenshot I see that you are using another private data key "UngroupFolder". This means that you changed the default value in "Ungroup job". That is fine, but just bear in mind that you have to be consistent. "UngroupFolder" in "Ungroup job" -> "Ungroupfolder" when defining the private data for the file and "UngroupFolder" in "Assemble job - Scheme - Ungrouped job - Private data key".
Liv

Post by Liv »

Thank you Freddy! It worked great. Now I am having an issue trying to Assemble after I "Split Multi-Job", I just want to Assemble the pdfs that are created.
Attachments
flow.png
flow.png (133.61 KiB) Viewed 3676 times
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

As part of the bundle "Folder apps" (https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/product/folder-apps) there is an app called "Filetypes Counter". The results are placed in private data, so if you have a folder with 3 PDF's and 387 other files and you only want to assemble the PDF's then use "Assemble job - Scheme - Custom" and for "Number of jobs" you use the private data with the count of the PDF's (and for the "Job identifier" you make sure that you stored the name of the original folder in a piece of private data as well that you can use there).