Sending to device hotfolder?

mwinker

Post by mwinker »

We recently got a nice imposition flow going to our Indigo press using inpO2. Files are sent to a Hotfolder at the indigo. When the indigo is shut down for maintenance or for not being busy, PowerSwitch loses access to the hotfolder. Is it possible to make Switch react to that folder's availability and place the files locally until the indigo hotfolder is available again?
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

A simple Javascript could check for read/write access to the folder.
mwinker

Post by mwinker »

Interesting..

I checked and sent a job when i noticed we lost connection to the Indigo. Switch showed a warning that the job failed to move to the hotfolder. The job showed an "on hold" status in my SwitchClient. When the folder became available again the job automatically went. I'm impressed, maybe this is a non-issue. Somehow I should set it up to give me more of a warning in my client than the simple "on hold".
mwinker

Post by mwinker »

So, this AM the Indigo was down. Since Switch was unable to see that hotfolder, the folder showed a warning and the flow couldn't be started until it was mounted, or unless I changed where the folder was located. Would a javascript allow the flow to run if the folder was missing? Or, do I need some sort of automated local folder to watch for the hotfolder's availability?
mattbeals

Post by mattbeals »

Here's what I did for another user that also has an Indigo where they are dropping files onto a RIP. This flow allows delivery from 00:05 to 23:55 Monday through Friday. From 23:56 Friday to 00:05 Monday everything is delayed

http://www.mattbeals.com/misc/delay_delivery.zip
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.