Metadata Logging Data from Pitstop Report Log

GSBSwitch1

Metadata Logging Data from Pitstop Report Log

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

I'm trying to log some data from Pitstop and I'm having trouble accessing the information. The Pitstop Report has the option within the Preflight Report to log the total color and black and white pages in the document. I am in need of accessing this data within Metadata so that I can log it for a more efficient reporting and pricing method. I have done this before with selections within a Pitstop action, however I don't believe there is a selection action to identify the full page if there is any color data at all -- only the total amount of objects that have color data.

Any idea how I can access this data from the log within Switch. I have tried the report as a PDF, as well as XML but it doesn't show up within the Metadata.

Screen shot attached of the data I'm looking to capture.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.10.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-05-11 at 12.10.01 PM.png (92.17 KiB) Viewed 2998 times
bens
Advanced member

Re: Metadata Logging Data from Pitstop Report Log

Post by bens »

Version 3 XML reports should have an element "ColorType" with all the information you need. Version 1 and 2 reports probably have the same information in there somewhere, but it'll be much harder to find. I strongly recommend using v3 reports.
GSBSwitch1

Re: Metadata Logging Data from Pitstop Report Log

Post by GSBSwitch1 »

Bens -- thank you very much. That was it. The v3 XML version had the data easily reported for color and black and white pages.

Thanks again!