Feature request - Copy property values while flow is running

magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Feature request - Copy property values while flow is running

Post by magnussandstrom »

Not sure if this is the place to ask for a feature, but here it goes:

Often when I'm building/editing flows I reuse parts from other flows by copying property values. It's time consuming and risky to stop the flow I want to copy from when I'm doing this. It's easy to forget to restart a flow after stopping it and it feels clunky. Would it be possible to add a feature to copy property values from a flow thats running?

Or maybe ther already is a way to do this that I'm not aware of?
Last edited by magnussandstrom on Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
patej

Re: Feature request - Copy property values while flow is running

Post by patej »

HI,
I think support portal is the place to submit feature requests and I agree that it would be a useful feature. Currently, as a workaround, we simply duplicate the running flow and copy the values from the there, after which the duplicate can be deleted... A bit cumbersome, but safer that stopping an active flow (and forgetting to restart it..).
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Feature request - Copy property values while flow is running

Post by freddyp »

A heavily underused feature of Switch Designer (I think) is "Document flow"!!! IIt does not replace copy/paste but it is a useful complementary tool. For example you can do a text search so you can easily find all the instances where a certain value is used, etc.