Trigger flow for XML in job folder with asset

RunDontStop

Trigger flow for XML in job folder with asset

Post by RunDontStop »

I have an XML pickup flow set up that accepts a folder containing the XML and the asset. This is a Submit Hierarchy flow with target folder level and name.

The way it works now, I have a folder containing the XML. I wait a while for the artwork, indefinitely, sometimes for days. When I get it, I put it in the folder with the XML, and then I drop that folder into the input folder of my flow.

That is the issue. I don't want to have to move the folder (too much work, right?) I want the introduction of the artwork (asset) into the folder to be a trigger for Switch, to grab the folder with the XML and the artwork and submit it to my other flow.

I thought about this for a while and here is what I came up with. I am making a separate flow, just to input the job to my other flow. It is also Submit Hierarchy, with specific target credentials. It is set to Leave originals in place, and to NOT ignore updates.

One connection, Switch accepts a folder, with a file count of two. From there I think I can figure out how to get it to my other flow.

The other connection, all other jobs, just goes to the Recycle Bin.

It seems a little odd, Switch will be trashing all these jobs. But from my understanding, it will see the folder with only the XML. It will copy it and trash it. Later on, I drop in the artwork, and Switch will of course see the as an update. Now it meets the criteria, folder with file count 2.

Is this a valid solution? Or is there something better?
laurentd

Re: Trigger flow for XML in job folder with asset

Post by laurentd »

Here is my suggestion:

Store the xmls in a repository folder.
When the artwork file arrives, submit it to your flow.

Add an ID private data, ID=[Job.UniqueNamePrefix] and duplicate your artwork file.
Copy 1 goes to an assemble job element.

Use copy 2 to inject your xml with the Inject Wildcard app, it can inject files when only part of the name is common, like job nr.
https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/pro ... t-wildcard
I don't know if it is the case, but I guess so.
This xml now goes to the assemble job element.

Assemble job properties: custom scheme - Job identifier=[Job.PrivateData:Key="ID"] - number of files = 2
Then use an XML pickup element to attach the xml as a dataset.
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
RunDontStop

Re: Trigger flow for XML in job folder with asset

Post by RunDontStop »

Thank you for this! Very helpful.