Checkpoint Via Email

jeill

Checkpoint Via Email

Post by jeill »

I'm trying to configure a checkpoint using the checkpoint via email. I'm would like to use the main email we setup for Switch (configured in the “mail send” preference for switch). It does not seem to work for me and I'm wondering if it's necessary to use a different email to monitor for the checkpoint - an email with a proper user setup in Switch?
Just having some difficulty with configuration and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
freddyp
Advanced member

Re: Checkpoint Via Email

Post by freddyp »

The settings for receiving mails are in the "Checkpoint via mail" itself. The mail settings in the Switch Preferences are only for sending mails.

You should of course have a dedicated account for accessing the mail server from this element to avoid picking up mails that are not intended for this address, or having mails intended for this element being picked up somewhere else.
jeill

Post by jeill »

@freddyp - thanks so much for your response. I've got this figured out and have begun testing.
jeill

Post by jeill »

We’ve recently had issue with the Checkpoint Via Email. Switch can no longer login to the MS Office 365 account. From what I’ve gathered so far MS Office 365 has changed some authentication methods (not very knowledgeable in this area) but, it has caused the login failure from Switch.

As a standard mail receive in Switch one fix is to use the Mail Receive with Auth2.0 app. but I’m not able to configure the email checkpoint similarly.

Has anyone run into this situation - Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.
paul_barker

Post by paul_barker »

Hi Jeill did you ever get a solution to using the Checkpoint vi Email with Office 365 since the Microsofts new authentication method as this would be ideal for something Im trying to do in my flow but I cant get it to work.
dhutton

Post by dhutton »

I am also curious if you found a solution to authentication with Office 365.