Inject Wildcard job repository error to Warning/Error connection?

PdFUser5000

Inject Wildcard job repository error to Warning/Error connection?

Post by PdFUser5000 »

Sometimes, a Job Repository field that is taken from metadata, has symbols that are not readable for Switch. This gives the following error
" Dynamic property 'hierarchyTopFolder' has invalid value " and the job is sent to problem jobs.

Is it possible for this error to be sent to the error connection instead? I have many users using the workflow and i would like to send an error email to the user who caused this error. I can try to replace the wrong symbols with html via string replace, but since i dont know all the symbols that will go wrong, it's hard to predict them.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Re: Inject Wildcard job repository error to Warning/Error connection?

Post by jan_suhr »

You can add an outgoing connection to the Problems Jobs folder and send it to a Send Mail. You could filter out the jobs so it will only send emails from this type of error.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
laurentd

Post by laurentd »

Hello,
I wrote Inject Wildcard.
Can you please provide me the wrong symbols you know, so that I can reproduce this?
Laurent De Wilde, Solution Architect @ Enfocus
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

laurentd wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:45 am Hello,
I wrote Inject Wildcard.
Can you please provide me the wrong symbols you know, so that I can reproduce this?
è, also ™ was recognized as "™" but i added that just for testing.

for testing I used : øåÅl'å™æ.eè&Å Switch read it as øåÅl'å™æ.e?&Å
jan_suhr wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:40 am You can add an outgoing connection to the Problems Jobs folder and send it to a Send Mail. You could filter out the jobs so it will only send emails from this type of error.
What filter should i use? The file that goes into Problem jobs is an XML file and has nothing logged to it by which i can filter it. Or am i missing something?
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

You have a few Job.FailNN variables that could be used, such as Job.FailMessage, Job.FailModule or Job.FailElement. The last to can be tied to your Inject Variable element in the flow.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
PdFUser5000

Post by PdFUser5000 »

jan_suhr wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:06 pm You have a few Job.FailNN variables that could be used, such as Job.FailMessage, Job.FailModule or Job.FailElement. The last to can be tied to your Inject Variable element in the flow.
I had completely forgot about those. thanks for reminding! :D