Download files from Microsoft sharepoint

billy.olvestad

Download files from Microsoft sharepoint

Post by billy.olvestad »

I need to get Switch to download files from a folder on a Microsoft Sharepoint site on regular intervals.
I looked in the appstore, and there are no apps for downloading from sharepoint it seems.

Does anyone know of a method to do this in Switch?

Edit: I should add that the customer doesn't want to just sync the whole folder and keep a copy locally, as it is a very big folder with tons of files that will fill upp the customers storage. I just want to download files and save metadata about the files in a database and then delete the files locally.
billy.olvestad

Re: Download files from Microsoft sharepoint

Post by billy.olvestad »

Addition to the question. After these files have been indexed in a database, we want switch to be able to download just one of the files when an order for that particular print comes in, so we will also have to be able to download just one of the files from the sharepoint folder.
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

I suggest you submit this request to https://www.enfocus.com/en/appstore/appmatch.

In case you wonder, when we receive a valid app request we send it to all registered app creators and it is not a guarantee it will happen, but in the past it has already triggered somebody to develop an app fit for the purpose a number of times.
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

Thanks, I will have a look at that.
pjb

Post by pjb »

Hi Did you get a solution to downloading files from Sharepoint?

I have just started investigating doing the same. I have need to download files from Sharepoint on a daily basis and send to print.

Thanks
Peter
billy.olvestad

Post by billy.olvestad »

pjb wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:43 pm Hi Did you get a solution to downloading files from Sharepoint?

I have just started investigating doing the same. I have need to download files from Sharepoint on a daily basis and send to print.

Thanks
Peter
No, we had to give it up. We didn't have control over the sharepoint site because it belongs to a customer, and we would have to do a lot of configuration in sharepoint to get it to work, so we gave up that idea. The files are downloaded manually now.