Inject Wildcard without Regex search?

magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Inject Wildcard without Regex search?

Post by magnussandstrom »

Hi, I'm building a flow for archiving (moving) external job folders with a txt-file as a trigger.

Since I can build the exact job location with variables I could use the Inject Job app. And as long as the specific job exists this is working fine. But if a specific job can't be found I would like to ignore that (Send to recycle bin). But when this happens the incoming file is sent to Problem Jobs (and sends a generic Switch administrator alert email, which I would like to avoid).

If I instead are using the Inject Wildcard app and if a specific job do not exist I can send the outgoing Error connection (wich is great). BUT when Inject Wildcard I get very long processing times, up to 5 minutes before the job is located and start copying (this takes 2 sec with Inject Job app). This could be a problem because sometimes I archive hundreds of jobs (5 min x 100..). I think that the reason that Inject Wildcard app is slow (in my case) is that the repository folder contains about thousand jobs and Inject Wildcard using regex and "search" for the specific job folder instead of just go to the specific location directly.

So my question is: Is there a way to avoid using 'Injected jobs name filter' (search) with the Inject Wildcard app and instead just specify the exact location with variables? Or is it possible to send the incoming file to an outgoing Error connection with the Inject Job app?
patej

Re: Inject Wildcard without Regex search?

Post by patej »

magnussandstrom wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:05 pm But when this happens the incoming file is sent to Problem Jobs (and sends a generic Switch administrator alert email, which I would like to avoid).
If this is your only problem with Inject job, what if you just change the "Send alerts to" property of the flow's Problem Job folder to 'None'? ;)

I haven't tested the performance of Inject Wildcard so can't help you there...
magnussandstrom
Advanced member

Re: Inject Wildcard without Regex search?

Post by magnussandstrom »

Did not know that was an option! Thanks! Too easy :D