submit point -dependencies

ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

Hi,

I would like to implement the following behavior at a submit point:

1. I have a metadata field named job-type which allows the following values (dropdown list):

Brochure

Book

postcard

business card

2. I defined a child field of the name bindings. This field allows values like saddle&stitch, booklet and so on

3. As bindings are not applicable to, let us say, postcards and business cards I would like to have this field appear only in case some choose one of the relevant values at the job-type field.

Any hin is welcome,

Ariel
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

This functionality is not available in SwitchClient; however, you maybe able to get something similar but using a script. The limitation will be that the script does not have access to the user's selection for the job-type.
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

thank you!

Do I understand it correctly that it is possible if the job-type would not be a dropdown list?

If I do not have access to the user's selection of job-type value, how a script can help me to show only relevant fields?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

Create a dependent field that is shown when the parent matches Brochure|Book and fill in the binding methods in a list. When using postcard or business card the dependent field will not be shown.

If the binding methods are different for brochures and books, then create two dependent fields.

Freddy
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

Thank you Freddy, that was my plan.

I was not able to set an inline value while the parent filed is a drop down list.

What do I wrong?
freddyp
Advanced member

Post by freddyp »

When you create a dependent metadata field by clicking on the button to move it to the right, there are additional properties: "Show if parent" (equals, does not equal, ...) and "Parent value" where you will see a drop down list of what is in the parent list.

If you want to match multiple values, then you choose "Matches" from "Show if parent" and then the "Parent value" changes to a text input field where you can type a regular expression.

Freddy
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

Hi Freddy, thank you.

I wish it would show me the blank line to enter a regular expression - but it does not:)

Any suggestions?

I am on 12 update 2.

Thanks
ArielRauch
Advanced member

Post by ArielRauch »

ok - I found out how it works:

I have to choose define text with variables and the enter the regular expression string there.

Freddy - thank you very much!
flussidicaio

Re: submit point -dependencies

Post by flussidicaio »

Do Switch implement the user's selection in the submit point's options in the future?