JDF workflows

dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

JDF workflows

Post by dkelly »

We are looking for Switch customers who would like to integrate JDF in their Switch flows. Apago has extensive experience implementing JDF workflows and would like to explore new ways to leverage JDF in Switch.

Contact Dwight Kelly for more information.
Clive Andrews

JDF workflows

Post by Clive Andrews »

Here's a quickie for you Dwight - how could I filter depending on the presence of a node - i.e. if it has "@RelatedJobID" I want to pass the file on - if the node is not there I simply want to reject it (but let it pass through the rest of the flow as normal....

The idea is to copy JDF's with a previous job number "RelatedJobId" to another part of my workflow, whilst continuing to create the Apogee Job Ticket as normal...

I get a true or false result using

[Metadata.Text:Path="/jdf:JDF/@JobRelatedID",Dataset="jdf",Model=JDF] not equal to ""

But it's not filtering the files out that don't have that element...

Bet I'm missing something really simple...
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

JDF workflows

Post by dkelly »

I was able to test for the presence of the "RelatedJobId" attribute by using a 'test condition with variable: include these files' testing against path "/jdf:JDF/@JobRelatedID", Dataset jdf, Model JDF. The condition was Metadata/Text/Not equal to and the text field was blank -- not "".

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.

dkelly@apago.com
Clive Andrews

JDF workflows

Post by Clive Andrews »

dkelly wrote: I was able to test for the presence of the "RelatedJobId" attribute by using a 'test condition with variable: include these files' testing against path "/jdf:JDF/@JobRelatedID", Dataset jdf, Model JDF. The condition was Metadata/Text/Not equal to and the text field was blank -- not "".

Hi Dwight - I had an "epiphany" - and approached it a little different:

[Metadata.Integer:Path="/jdf:JDF/@JobRelatedID, Dataset jdf, Model JDF]

Using the integer test I only had to find a value greater than 0

...which is working fine now.

Thanks for taking the time Dwight...
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

JDF workflows

Post by dkelly »

ah, if JobRelatedID is a number then that is a better solution.