How To Gather File Names And Include In Email

gfloro

Post by gfloro »

As part of one of my flows, I am "Assemble Job" flow element to assemble 5 PDFs into a Job. That Job is then Compressed and attached to an "Mail Send" flow.

I want to know how to [a] gather the names of the PDFs that were compressed and add them to the body of the "Mail Send".

Thanks,

Gregory
carineb

Post by carineb »

Hi Gregory,

it is possible to add a job name or other information about a job in the body of mails send by Switch. As this can be done using variables, this functionality is available in all Switch flavors. I've uploaded a sample flow that shows how to achieve this.

Gathering information about the content of a zip file however, can only be achieved using scripting and therefor is only available in PowerSwitch. You can either write such a script yourself, or have it written for you. If you need help writing your script, you can contact our Professional Services Team and they'll provide you with a quote. You can reach them at professionalservices@enfocus.com

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Carine
gfloro

Post by gfloro »

Carine

Thanks for the response. I am using PowerSwitch, I'll try my hand at scripting that myself. If I get stuck I'll reach out to Professional Services.

Thanks,

Gregory
Sukerti

Post by Sukerti »

test
gfloro

Post by gfloro »

Carrie

As a follow up. Turns out the Mail Send processor actually zips the attached files and lists the contents of the zip in the email. Which is what I was looking for. I was originally using the Compress processor to create the zip prior to emailing. Problem solved.

Gregory.