How do I unzip a batch of PDFs, and add info into xml to reflect new file list...?

Clive Andrews

How do I unzip a batch of PDFs, and add info into xml to reflect new file list...?

Post by Clive Andrews »

I've been staring at this for a while now. If a customer uploads a ZIP, I can split the ZIP and xml with no problem. The xml that comes with the file is created by iDropper - and contains the file manifest that I use to build the archive hierarchy at the end of the flow...

So....

If I unzip a file and it contains multiple files, I guess I need to amend the xml with the new hierarchy - to merge it all back together and archive it...

Any suggestions anyone..?
dkelly
TOP CONTRIBUTOR

Post by dkelly »

Hi Clive, it appears that the iDroplet XML only contains the ZIP filename. Do you want to add a entry for each file that was extracted from the zip? Do you want to remove the ZIP filename also?

Dwight Kelly

Apago, Inc.

dkelly@apago.com
Clive Andrews

Post by Clive Andrews »

That's exactly it Dwight,

A normal iDropper XML would have

9.pdf

10.pdf

11.pdf

12.pdf

etc....

No zip - that should be discarded. I guess I'm back in the realm of my nemesis "Mr Scripting"...