XML Based Flows

csawatzki

XML Based Flows

Post by csawatzki »

Has anyone else built an actual XML driven flow? I have a custom XML that I am attempting to build a workflow around. I am not even sure how to start. Help!
mattbeals

XML Based Flows

Post by mattbeals »

Yes, how XML driven do you want it to be?
I'm just a dude. Anything I say has nothing to do with any other person or company.
diwu

XML Based Flows

Post by diwu »

You need PowerSwitch and the XML pickup tool to add an xml file to a job.

(SwitchClient and PitStop Server also create XML datasets without the XML pickup tool).

Once the job and the xml file (metadata) are linked to each other, the metadata can be used for various tasks such as: automatically taking routing decisions and setting properties on tools and configurators.

Look for the editors "define condition with variable" when including/ excluding files on a connection or use single/ multi line text with variables on a tool or configurator.

Now you should see a pane with variable groups.

Choose Metadata - Text and Build location path.

If you have a sample file in your flow you should be able to browse through the XML file and use the content as variables.

Good luck with the flow and try to use metadata as much as possible.

It's a bit tricky to start with but once you get the hang of it, you will be able to make very advanced and "clever" workflows.
Peter Kleinheider

XML Based Flows

Post by Peter Kleinheider »

Good morning,

here is an example I created:

http://www.crossroads-world.com/en/get% ... adata.aspx

pdfToolbox is used to analyze the file and store the XML report as dataset. Sort-on is using XQuery to read the page count value and sort files accordingly.

Regards,

Peter Kleinheider

inpetto premedia consulting