Ask Switch to launch a specific Applescript

matb

Post by matb »

Hello everybody,

I'm new to the forum and new to scripting, and I need help to configure Switch so that he can "pick" a specific Applescript (I'm using Applescript because I need a "delete task", and if I'm not wrong the internal scripting feature is intended to work only with Switch objects).

I need to delete periodically some customer's folder content (flow destination folders), but I can't use the "Recycle bin" processor in order to keep the original name with the unique name stripped.

My idea is to build a flow with a submit point and a metadata request (a choice for each customer), having a script that calls the right Applescript according to the choice.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

(Original post by Dimitri, Rotopress International)
matb

Post by matb »

Hi Dimitri,

The Switch scripting API allows to access the JavaScript core classes File and Dir. So there's no need to make use of an external (apple)script.

It might be interesting for you to hear that we already developed a script element named "File Remover" which allows to watch any folder and to remove files and folders from it either periodically or controlled by the file's/folder's file age.

If you're interested in it please send me a private email.

Kind regards

Robert

(Original post by Robert, Impressed GmbH)
IkariGend

Post by IkariGend »

Hi Robert,

but for the internal scripting you need PowerSwitch.

At least with FullSwitch it should be possible to run generic applescripts saved as apps, or to use shell commands with "osascript", or am I wrong?

Regards

Stefan
carineb

Post by carineb »

Hi Stefan,

to use scripting inside Switch, you'll indeed need PowerSwitch.

FullSwitch supports using any hot folder based application via the Generic Application tool, and any CLI-based application/command via the Execute Command tool.

Next to that, FullSwitch contains a configurator for the OSX Automator which could also help you executing Applescripts.

In addition to these tools, PowerSwitch offers a 'Script element' tool, which allows you to integrate your script directly into Switch without using other tools.

Kind regards,

Carine