Portals

gabrielp
Advanced member

Re: Portals

Post by gabrielp »

Here are the slides from my Portals safari presentation: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/ ... sp=sharing

EDIT: here's the recording:
https://www.enfocus.com/en/virtual-safa ... th-portals
Free Switch scripts: open-automation @ GitHub
Free Switch apps: open-automation @ Enfocus appstore

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Portals has been updated to V3. V3 is cross-compatible with V2 but has a lot of re-worked logic, some performance enhancements, and better error handling.

Want to hire me? I'm looking for my next gig. Contact me on LinkedIn or via email.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

Now available in the appstore for free: https://appstore.enfocus.com/product/Portals

loicaigon
Advanced member

Post by loicaigon »

HI Gabriel,

I will give this a try soon. I admit I never really look at Portals before but now that I have a better understanding of your tool, it may become one of my favourite configurators :)
JimmyHartington
Advanced member

Post by JimmyHartington »

I have begun using the Enfocus Appstore version of Portals.
And it is great.
Really appreciate the work put into this.
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

It's nice that people have started to use this now that it's available as an app. One thing I wanted to clarify is what is supported with portals sharing the same scope:channel.

Here is an excerpt from the updated documentation:

You can have multiple incoming (orange) portals for any scope:channel, but only one outgoing (blue) portal for that scope:channel. The reason why is, the orange portals pack and store the job away (in a location unknown to you) and the blue portal looks in that location. So, if you have multiple blue portals, then one of them would find the packed job and remove it before the other one could see it. Said another way, if you have multiple blue portals for any given scope:channel, then you can't be sure which blue portal the job will be routed to, so that behavior is not currently supported. A simpler solution is to use another channel for the second blue output.

In the diagram below, A and B represent matching scope:channel combinations.

mkayyyy

Post by mkayyyy »

HI Gabriel,

Is there any way currently to pass jobs between multiple Switch Servers using Portals?
gabrielp
Advanced member

Post by gabrielp »

mkayyyy wrote:HI Gabriel,

Is there any way currently to pass jobs between multiple Switch Servers using Portals?
Not at the moment :(

mkayyyy

Post by mkayyyy »

That's fine! Was just wondering as we've been testing it on our servers at the moment and that was the only thing we couldn't figure out if we could do with it.

I think Portals is massively going to help with us rebuilding all of our workflows over the summer so thank you for that!