Move files from Checkpoint

Sunnyland

Move files from Checkpoint

Post by Sunnyland »

Hi All,
I have created a simple web proof client but I want to be able to implement proof approval in two ways, manual through switch client and via the web with client interaction. I currently deliver all the information including the files to a custom web proofing page and also deliver the high res file to the checkpoint so that it can be manually approved via the switch client.

If the project is approved via the web proofing page I am sending an XML with the file name to a hot folder which I am reading with a script but I cannot find a way to move the file from the checkpoint to the approved folder. If I use File.move switch thinks the file is still at the checkpoint. Is there a way I can move the files and still keep both methods of approval?
Padawan
Advanced member

Re: Move files from Checkpoint

Post by Padawan »

Hello,

If you are implementing your own SwitchClient, then you can use the Switch Web Services API, this REST API gives you access to all the things the webclient does. To route jobs you need the route call which is documented here:

https://www.enfocus.com/manuals/Develop ... b-RouteJob

This way you can have a user use the web SwitchClient to communicate with jobs in the checkpoint and have your customers use your webportal which uses the Web Services API to communicate with the jobs in the checkpoint. In this usecase it is not necessary to use traditional Switch Scripting.
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

Thanks Padawan,
Looks like a great option but I don't have Web Services licence so unfortunately not an option for me.
Padawan
Advanced member

Post by Padawan »

From the documentation:
SwitchClient comes with a documented REST API, which enables our customers to build their own Switch client tailored to their specific needs. The API can be accessed without a licensed Web Services module for limited, internal usage. For extended usage, e.g. customers wanting to make a Submit point available online, the Web Services module is required; otherwise their end users will run into an "API limit reached" error.

So you can use the api without the webservices license, but you run the risk of running into the limitation.7

However, the api is the only way to communicate with a checkpoint using your own code.

If you would like to build such an approval system with switch without webservices, then you will have to build another communication mechanism between Switch and your Web proof client. You can use hotfolders and xml files or you can use the http request and webhook flow elements or their scripting counter parts.
jan_suhr
Advanced member

Post by jan_suhr »

I'm not sure but I think you can go around the Web services if you have a Web/PHP-server on the same network as your Switch server. That Web/PHP-server is talking to the Switch Rest-API and asking the Submit/Check points for information and then presents it to the world from the Web/PHP server.

I have done such a solution but I haven't tested it with the Web Service OFF.
Jan Suhr
Color Consult AB
Sweden
=============
Check out my apps
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

Thanks I did read that after I sent the last post but now I have the issue that the the server is returning a status of WaitingforActivation id 14. So I am unsure if something in our firewall is blocking the api. or I need to do something to activate it.

Using the manual and sending a request via 127.0.0.1 it all seems to work but externally I get a WaitingforActivation error. not sure were to go from here.
Sunnyland

Post by Sunnyland »

Ok got it. Was my code that was blocking me. I'm all now to the RSA login stuff so now just got to work that out. Thanks for your suggestions.