Sorting odd and even pages

frode

Post by frode »

Hi!

I'm looking for a script that can replace my "condition with variables". We receive single paged pdf's and the name of the file determine if it's a odd or even page.

I have created a "condition with variables", but I assume this can be done in a script instead. We are using PowerSwitch.

The condition with variables goes like this (even pages):

Job Name Contains 02.pdf

OR

Job Name Contains 04.pdf

OR

Job Name Contains 06.pdf

and so on...

I'm a newbie regarding scripts but are fascinated about the possibilities, and are eager to understand more :) Therefore it would be great if someone in this forum could help me.

Kind regards

Frode Nordeide
davidvd

Post by davidvd »

Frode,

You can for sure do this with a script, but why would you go there? I'm relatively certain you can also accomplish what you want with a simple file name filter using regular expressions and that wouldn't involve scripting at all.

I'm not an expert on writing regular expressions without trying them, but something like this:

".*[24680].pdf"

would match any filename that ends on "2.pdf", "4.pdf" and so on.

David.

frode wrote: Hi!

I'm looking for a script that can replace my "condition with variables". We receive single paged pdf's and the name of the file determine if it's a odd or even page.

I have created a "condition with variables", but I assume this can be done in a script instead. We are using PowerSwitch.

The condition with variables goes like this (even pages):

Job Name Contains 02.pdf

OR

Job Name Contains 04.pdf

OR

Job Name Contains 06.pdf

and so on...

I'm a newbie regarding scripts but are fascinated about the possibilities, and are eager to understand more :) Therefore it would be great if someone in this forum could help me.

Kind regards

Frode Nordeide
frode

Post by frode »

Hi David,

".[24680].pdf" did it, perfect!!

But that's nothing compared to the fact that your answer gave me the key to understand regular expressions, hurray!

Thanks a lot!

Frode
davidvd

Post by davidvd »

My pleasure!

There are a couple of very good websites regarding regular expressions around, even including (I seem to remember) sites that let you try things out and stuff like that.

David.